Admissions/Enrollment for Prospective 9th Graders
1. Contact the Admissions Office at 501-664-8006 ext. 106 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on our mailing list and to request an admissions packet.
2. Register for and take the Placement Test. After taking the test, students will be given a transcript request letter to give to their current school requesting their 7th and 8th grade transcripts and any other requested data to be mailed to Mount St. Mary.
3. Applications will be reviewed and students will be sent their Placement Test results and a financial contract if they have been selected to continue on in the admissions process. If we receive more applications than we have spots available in our freshman class, we will use a priority list to determine who is invited to continue with the admissions process. Any students not immediately accepted will be placed on our waiting list.
4. Pay the $550 enrollment fee by the deadline to hold student's spot in the freshmen class.
5. Sign up for one-on-one scheduling conference with Guidance Department.
Calendar of Events
August- “Mount Girl for a Day” Mailout – A letter is mailed listing the group visit dates in which 8th graders may participate. Please check with the Admissions Office to make sure you are on our mailing list.
September- School Visits Mailout – A letter is mailed out discussing school visits which take place in October, and other important dates. If we are not visiting your school, please contact us to receive an application and be added to our mailing list.
October- School Visits Month – Representatives from the Mount will visit several schools and give presentations to the 8th graders.
Open House – An invitation to this event will be mailed out, but this
event is open to the public.
November- Placement Test Registration Due – Please see Admissions
Event Calendar for specific deadlines.
* Late placement test registration are accepted however, priority is
given to applicants who have met all deadlines.
December- Placement Test – All Prospective Freshmen are required to take the Placement Test.
Spring of 8th grade year:
January- Prospective Freshman Lock-In – A fun overnight event designed to
introduce 8th graders to MSM and other students.
*Placement Test Results Mailout – A letter is mailed to all applicants
with individual Placement Test results and further instructions
regarding enrollment fees.
February- Incoming Freshman Informational Meetings – A mandatory meeting for Incoming Freshman and their parents to discuss course options.
*Application for Admission (including questionnaires), 7th and 8th grade academic records, and the Financial Contract and Enrollment Fee is due. Late applications will be accepted, however priority is given to those who have met all deadlines.
March- Incoming Freshman Family Conferences – A mandatory meeting for Incoming freshmen and parents with the Guidance Department to discuss specific courses for Freshman year.
April- Acceptance Party "Come with Belles On" – A drop-in party celebrating the acceptance of students into Mount St. Mary.
June- FACTS Enrollment Deadline
July- First Tuition Payment Due
|Join Our Sisterhood!|
Annie McFadden '08
We welcome your inquiries and encourage you to visit our campus. For more information on admissions or financial assistance, please contact: